Monday 2 October 2017

Boris Karloff Haunts My Youtube!




My Countdown To Halloween continues with a bunch of videos I discovered on Youtube featuring the always awesome Boris Karloff.





First up is Premature Burial, from the TV show 'Thriller' (1960-1962) which Boris presented and occasionally, such as this episode, starred in....it started off as a crime series mainly, but soon started to stray into the supernatural!




Next is an episode of  'TelephoneTime' (1956-1958) a TV drama series that showed various TV plays....and this episode The Vestris is essentially a pilot episode for another show that Karloff would present and star in.....




...The aforementioned series being, The Veil (1958)which was actually never shown on TV due to studio troubles and collapsed deals which led to it being cancelled after only 10 episodes were made. Luckily there were DVD releases, and someone decided to put some on Youtube, so we can get to see them...









Way before all that though, was the series Suspense (1949 - 1952) which was a spin off of the radio show of the same name (1942 - 1962)! Only 90 episodes out of 260 made remain undestroyed, and thankfully a few of these contain performances by our buddy Boris! The one below is titled A Night At An Inn (1949)




I'll probably put some more episodes of these up before Halloween, as they really are perfect for the season (and also handy for lazy posts when I haven't got round to finishing my planned posts like today!)
But yeah, hope you enjoy watching these! :) 









2 comments:

  1. Karloff is synonymous with Halloween and Horror, isn't he? I just read another post concerning him, on a different blog. AND I am currently re-watching The Black Cat. So, I guess, for me, it is Karloff's night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool...everybody should have a Karloff night every now and then! :)

      Growing up, it would always be around Halloween when the 4 UK TV channels showed most of the movies starring my favourite horror actors, including Karloff, Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing, Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, etc. so I still associate them all with this time of year the most!

      Delete